Journal Entry - Limitless

I love a recurring theme. Being consistent feels comfortable. But in all honesty this is not forced. It is 5.26 in the morning. The last thing that I would do is to force myself to write.
I have got nothing else to do but to write. I can't sleep, and I can't read at the moment. To fill up the time, to occupy myself, I am thus forced to write. I am writing this for the sake of keeping myself occupied, while at other times I write in order to meet a commitment - a commitment to write after a certain period of inaction. Even if the agent of force is still the same, me but the underlying motives are different.

In the past two pieces I highlighted that there was strictly no contemplation to be done, my feet was to stand on the ground at all times. But at the onset of dawn, and with a well-rested physique, I can't help but disengage myself from the present, and to float away into the possibilities of the future. Welcome back, my optimistic self. This is hardly strange. After a couple of days of rest, my optimistic self will never fail to surface.

In reaction to the self-denial I am having about the requirement of work to obtain the means to survive, I will enter into alternate worlds that I have created, where there is always more money, more time, and more power. But a most important distinction that is to be made is that they are not limitless, I just have more. The joy is in knowing that there is a limit, but that limit if comfortably far that it is unlikely that I am going to reach it. Realizing our limits,  maybe that is what reality is about. It is obvious that everything is real, being real is to exist, and everything does exist, even ideas. The immaterial is not unreal.

The term reality exists to signify the awareness of limitations. Thus reality is connected to the material world, in which the laws of conservation of matter and energy ensures that there is a limitation to all matter and energy. And because of the existence of limitation, we say that matter and energy are real, and our own limitless ideas as unreal - just because it offers no limits on its own existence.

Note: This was written under my private journal in early 2013. 

0 comments :